PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA AT BIATHFAN.COM
Updated on 10/01/2018
Biathfan is committed to ensuring the information security of its customers, as well as to handle all personal information and data securely and encrypted. We do not sell any personal data to third parties, nor do we exchange them with third parties.
The person responsible within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation, other data protection laws in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions of a data protection character is:
Biathfan, Karuslia 4, 1481 HAGAN, Norway, e-mail: email@example.com
1. REASON FOR THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND TYPE OF DATA
We collect and use your personal information for different purposes, depending on who you are and how you contacted Biathfan. We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- Sending newsletters, offers and information: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth. The processing of the data is based on a user agreement with you.
- Sending personalized offers, marketing and advertising via SMS, Internet or social networks: name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, biathfan.com behavioral data, sales history at Biathfan. The processing of the data is based on your consent.
- Participation in competitions under the auspices of Biathfan: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth. The processing of the data is based on your consent.
- Responses to customer service requests: name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and any personal information that may arise from a request. The processing of personal data takes place in the course of answering the questions.
- Completed purchase in our webshop: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth. The processing of the data is based on the purchase agreement with you.
- Create and manage users under My Account: name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth. The processing of the data is based on the purchase agreement with you.
2. DISTRIBUTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not share your personal information with third parties unless there is a legal basis for such disclosure. Examples of such a basis are the explicit consent of your side or a legal basis that obliges us to provide the information.
Once you have consented to receive personalized and promotional offers from Biathfan via SMS, email, the internet and social networks, Biathfan will share personally identifiable information processed for this purpose with other companies.
Biathfan uses data service providers to process personal information. In such cases, we have made agreements with data service providers to ensure information security at all stages of the process. As of today, we use the following data service providers and partner companies:
- Mailchimp Inc. Contact information, email address, or phone number are used to process newsletter mailings and promotional campaigns.
- Branch Group AS. Profile data (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address) are used to process deliveries and requests, as well as to provide customer service.
- Shirtigo. Profile data (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address) is used to process deliveries and requests.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to see, among other things, where our users come from, how often they visit our website and where the traffic in the online shop comes from.
The processing of personal data takes place in the EU / EEA area, except when processing your personal data for sending newsletters. Here we use a provider from the US, Mailchimp. Our provider is subject to the Privacy Shield. This means that your personal information will be protected by our provider in the same way as in the EU / EEA.
3. DURATION OF DATA STORAGE
We store your personal information for as long as necessary for the purpose for which the personal information was collected.
This means, for example, that personal data that we process based on your consent will be deleted if you revoke your consent. Personal data that we process in connection with the purchase or sale contract we receive will be deleted as soon as the contract has been fulfilled and all obligations under the contract have been fulfilled.
Personal data relating to the fulfillment of Biathfan’s legal obligations will be deleted as soon as the legal obligations are met, such as the bookkeeping obligation or the dealer’s obligation to keep records in accordance with the weapons regulations.
4. YOUR RIGHTS IN THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to access, rectify or delete any personal information about you that we process. You also have the right to request limited processing, object to the processing and the right to claim data portability. You can read more about the content of these rights on the website of the DPA: www.datatilsynet.no
To access your rights, please contact Customer Service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will answer your request as soon as possible and within 30 days at the latest.
You may revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time. The easiest way to do that is by following the link at the bottom of each newsletter. You can also change and display your personal information on “My Pages” and revoke your consent.
We will ask you to confirm your identity and provide additional information before we allow you to exercise your right to us. We do this to make sure that we give you access to your personal information only – not someone who claims to be yours.
You are not required to provide Biathfan with personally identifiable information. In order to receive goods and services as mentioned under point 1, the processing of your personal data is a necessary condition.
For information on contacting us, please visit the website of the Data Protection Authority of Norway www.datatilsynet.no or the DPA your of country.